All Our Trips
Animal Monitoring and Count
The Big Cat Wildlife Research and Conservation
Big Cat volunteers support our conservation efforts in the Naboisho Conservancy, which borders the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. You will actively monitor big cats and other wildlife whilst conducting important research that contributes to long-term park and animal management plans.
AS A VOLUNTEER, YOU’LL GET TO:
- Monitor big cats every day, including lions, leopards and cheetahs. This data collection will help to protect these endangered predators
- Go out on research game drives three times a day to collect data for conservancy management
- Live in the middle of the bush while you enjoy one of the most authentically wild experiences Africa has to offer
- Immerse yourself in Maasai culture as you volunteer alongside our experienced Maasai safari guides from the Koiyaki Guiding School
- Help new students graduate from the Koiyaki Guiding School
- Contribute to our conservation education classes, helping to ensure that future generations understand the importance of wildlife conservation
Soar high over the Savannah plains while wildlife roams wild and free beneath you. Hot air balloon rides take place in scenic beauty of Masai Mara. A gentle ascent takes you well above tree-top level and the whispering light breeze soothes the hearts as you enjoy a panoramic view of wildlife drama unequaled anywhere in the whole wide world. Thrilling drama of nature’s battle of predators verses the preys, that is constantly displayed in the savanna grassland from time immemorial. It’s worthy your dollar!
On a large modern passenger balloon it gives passengers added stability, security and comfort. Despite being high in the air, you will be surprised at how smooth the flight is, and how secure one feels in perfect weather conditions.
You also feel reassured in the knowledge that ballooning is one of the safest of all the adventure activities. Add that to the thought of flying with pilots with perfect safety record, and you are assured of peace of mind all through your flight.