Kenya – Teaching, Safari and Beach Adventure
Kenya is hands-down one of the greatest places on earth to view wildlife and to experience rural, traditional African culture. It is Maasai country, home to one of the oldest tribes in Africa and famous for its true sense of wilderness. Yet, Kenya is diverse and its coast boasts some of the most pristine, beautiful beaches on the continent, while it’s bustling capital, Nairobi, is a hub for innovation and business.
While Kenya may seem to have it all, 42% of its population are living below the poverty line and suffer from extreme inequality. Since 2014, we have been working to combat this in the rural town of Limuru and invite you to join our team for a week of volunteering on our Teaching Project. Your contribution will directly support disadvantaged children and will provide them with an education that they otherwise would not receive.
Safari & Beach
To further understand Kenya and its diverse culture and destinations, this tour is perfectly complimented by a second week exploring the world-famous Maasai Mara Reserve, a scenic train ride through the heart of Kenya, and finally, 4 nights spent on the white, sandy coast at Diani Beach. With world-class national parks, the greatest wildlife spectacles on earth, tropical beaches, rich culture and friendly locals, Kenya is a must-do volunteering adventure.
Why do an expedition with us?
We believe that when you travel, there should be no compromises. Even if you are limited on time you should be able to explore while still doing some good in the world. This is what we do. In fact, we are the experts in Africa. We create volunteer travel experiences that change lives (and not just your own).
Named the Top Volunteer Abroad Organization in 2017, we are expanding our extremely popular Expedition Programs that take you #BeyondVolunteering. They are not your average tourist holidays; they are the ultimate way to see, do and achieve as much as possible in two weeks. Join our team of passionate staff on the ground for a week of volunteering with local communities or wildlife, before heading out on a road-trip to discover some of Africa’s most iconic destinations.
- Discover the real meaning of ‘Hakuna Matata’ on this action-packed, 2-week expedition exploring Kenya’s most iconic destinations and hidden treasure
- Get your responsible traveling on by volunteering for 1 week on our Teaching and Childcare Project in the rolling hills of Limuru
- Head off on safari in the world-famous Maasai Mara National Reserve, home to the Great Wildebeest Migration and Africa’s Big 5 animals
- Enjoy the white sand and crystal clear waters of Diani Beach on a 4-night coastal getaway (paradise!)
- Explore the vibrant and dynamic city of Nairobi and stop in at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Immerse yourself in the rich Swahili culture while visiting rural villages and markets with your fellow international travelers